Author Topic: Chinese Alpines formerly Trillium.no  (Read 126 times)

Peter Kohn

• View Profile
Chinese Alpines formerly Trillium.no
« on: December 01, 2017, 03:29:43 PM »
Discovered today that the new seed list is now on line at  http://ChineseAlpines.com

Some very pricey items but quite a lot of Meconopsis.

Meconopsis_Matt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Meconopsis Group
Re: Chinese Alpines formerly Trillium.no
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 04:48:15 PM »
I noticed that Peter. Lots of nice things at quite expensive prices. Has anyone actially bought from this company before? Its always worth checking out these foreign enterprises beforehand, just in case they are not what they seem?
Matt Heasman

Peter Kohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 09:04:05 AM »
I have bought seeds from the Bjornar Olsen when he sold as trillium.no  My experience was that germination was better than with seeds from the Meconopsis Group seed list and quite generous amounts. M. integrifolia seed collected in 2014 was still germinating well in 2017.
As Bjornar is still involved I can only assume that the seed will remain reliable.

Blue Stu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 12:02:14 PM »
I've just bought some seed from them. Using paypal instead of giving credit card details should be safe enough especially as others have bought from Trillium.
What is Bjornar Olsen's background, google just gives a professor of archeaology, is it he?

Steve Garvie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 11:12:32 PM »
I’ve ordered seed from Bjørnar for the last 3 years. Always been very happy with the quality of his seed. I bought Frit bulbs from August Wu earlier this year through the Chinesealpines online shop - the bulbs were in great condition, the delivery was prompt and my credit card account was not cleaned out!   ;)

Meconopsis_Matt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Meconopsis Group
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 05:27:56 PM »
Good to hear all this encouraging news. I may have to investigate. Thanks for the infoshare.
Matt Heasman