Author Topic: Meconopsis integrifolia  (Read 781 times)

Steve Garvie

• View Profile
Meconopsis integrifolia
« on: May 22, 2017, 02:43:37 PM »
Meconopsis integrifolia: A monocarpic species with large almost globular yellow flowers on long stalks arising from a short stem on what is a fairly compact plant. Youngs leaves very hairy. Overwintering crown is large, sits above the soil level and is also quite hairy. Prone to rotting with winter wet and best covered from late autumn (whilst still in green leaf).  The image below is a plant grown from Bjørnar Olsen seed collected in 2014 (germinated Spring 2015).

ptallbo

• View Profile
Re: Meconopsis integrifolia
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 08:40:20 AM »
Here are one of my plants. This is planted in full sun in a loamy soil thats always humid. I have others planted on more dry place and less sun and they do not this good. These are from Trillium ( Bjornar ) as well, sown 2015/16. I also have several pots from this season seeds sown 2016/17.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:35:01 AM by ptallbo »

Steve Garvie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 09:34:06 PM »
Superb-looking plants!
I have my plants shaded -perhaps I should try full sun. Where do you garden?

ptallbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 09:48:38 AM »
Thank you!
Middle of Sweden and the ones in shadow looks terrible compared to these. Seem they like loamy humid soil in full sun. There are not so much shadow where they grows in the mountains ..:)
If you have facebook have a look at my page there, www.facebook.com/peppestradgard , so hard to post these very small pictures here on the forum.

ptallbo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 08:36:45 AM »
This is one that are planted in more shadow, but this one is as big as another one in full sun.

Thank you Ian ..:) now you can see whats on the pictures..:)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:39:40 AM by ptallbo »

ptallbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 08:38:56 AM »
The one in the background, feel its ok with this picture here even if the Lingholm is in front to make a bit comparisation of colours. Metallic blue and the high yellow. Here you see the smaller one in front of the big integrifolia at the back.

ptallbo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 11:05:44 PM »